Hammar Lifebuoy product news
The difference between life and death when someone goes overboard from a ship or vessel can be the time it takes to launch a lifebuoy to the person in the sea. Most lifebuoys nowadays are fitted in a holder on the bridge with or in similar remote areas, where quick access takes some time to reach.
Hammar has now developed an easy to fit complete package for rapid launch of the lifebuoys onboard a ship.
The system consists of:
- One SOLAS approved lifebuoy
- One GRP holder for the lifebuoy
- One Hammar electric remote release unit (ERU) that holds the buoy in position and features remote activation from the bridge and a manual backup at the lifebuoy holder.
- One Hammar ERRS release switch for remote activation
- Supplied with electric connector box, cable, GRP-holder fittings, mounting instructions.
- Safe and quick operation to save lives
- Electric remote release unit removed after activation with strong spring
- One complete package
- Easy installation
- Economical solution