Hammar Lifebuoy Release System
The difference between life and death when someone goes overboard from a ship or vessel can be the time it takes to launch a lifebuoy to the person in the sea.
The Hammar lifebuoy system is a complete, easy-to-fit package for the rapid launch of lifebuoys onboard a ship. Most other lifebuoys on the market are installed in a holder on the bridge wing or a similarly remote location, to which access may take precious time.
For a shipyard, the system offers easy installation and trouble-free sourcing, as all parts are delivered in a complete package. The GRP holder can be mounted on both starboard and portside. The system is cost-effective, not only because it saves time but, more importantly, it may even save lives.
- Safe and quick operation to save lives
- Electric activation from the bridge
- Manual release by removing the safety pin
- One complete package
- Easy and quick installation onboard
- Economical solution
The system consists of
- GRP holder with pre-installed metal holder and bracket
- ERU (electric remote unit) with cord pre-installed on metal holder
- Release switch
- Connector box
- 20 metres cable from connector box to release switch, screened 2×0,75mm2, diameter 8mm
- Manual safety pin
- Pilot line for loading the lifebuoy
- Installation manual
- User guide
Not supplied in the kit from Hammar: Lifebuoy, mounting bolts for the installation onboard
How does it work?
Using the Hammar Lifebuoy Release system is easy. Just push the button, the ERU activates and the stainless steel lever is removed by a strong spring in order to ensure the safe, rapid deployment of the system.
The Hammar Lifebuoy System Mk II consists of
- GRP holder with metal spring holder and manual backup
- Hammar ERRS remote activation package